Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 09:23:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Evolution & Inventory  (Read 1379 times)

Xii

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
    • HyperTele
Evolution & Inventory
« on: April 02, 2020, 01:02:13 PM »

When you evolve, you can't see your inventory. This is problematic, because often my choise of evolutions is directly influenced by what spare parts I've got.

I've gotten into the habit of deciding my evolutions before hitting the stairs, while I can still see my parts.

The evolution screen is pretty, but it should be UI first. Display the inventory?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Evolution & Inventory
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 01:07:00 AM »

Yes this was brought up multiple times early in development, but for the most part people then got used to simply deciding before taking the exit (assuming you're in a situation where you really have to look at your parts to make a decision).

It's a lot of work to redesign the evolution screen to accommodate this, and also complicates it beyond the current intended focus, and it's not just inventory, either--then people also start expecting even more functionality there, leading to a cascade of more related requests...

It's been on the list as a possible feature for years, but it's too low priority to probably ever reach that point. At best I could consider adding it to the patron voting list.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon