Grid Sage Forums

• May 16, 2024, 01:05:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Force(eject) after unlocking access apparently does nothing  (Read 668 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Force(eject) after unlocking access apparently does nothing
« on: March 08, 2019, 04:21:40 AM »

The message log lists that it ejected four couplers but where did they go?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Force(eject) after unlocking access apparently does nothing
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:46:41 AM »

Good point! I guess that means you opened the door first, and when it tried to place them it couldn't find any spot because the search starts from the terminal there but the search path happens to be blocked by an exit xD

For now we'll have to assume they fell through the door and got lost, but in reality I'll have to see about an alternative solution!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 05:13:31 AM »

Good point! I guess that means you opened the door first, and when it tried to place them it couldn't find any spot because the search starts from the terminal there but the search path happens to be blocked by an exit xD

For now we'll have to assume they fell through the door and got lost, but in reality I'll have to see about an alternative solution!

That actually did occur to me last time I saw this (in a RIF game in beta 7.2) but I didn't find them after I went through the door, either. :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 05:20:34 AM »

Hahaha... yeah there's technically space and other "stuff" between the entrance and exit of any given area.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon