Grid Sage Forums

• May 16, 2024, 02:04:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Component Analysis Suites also id ordinary items but description doesn't mention  (Read 671 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is a bug or enhancement request, but I've noticed that at least Adv. Component Analysis Suites also identify ordinary unknown items whose identity has been lost or forgotten (corruption, CRM). It would be nice if there was a log message for this as it can be hard to spot them in your inventory after they've been id'd and also if it was mentioned in the description for the item.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Ah yeah this is just a side effect of their regular behavior that's not included in the description, since unknown items and unidentified prototypes are essentially the same thing. Technically not a bug, but may as well add a message for convenience :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Ha, getting to all the requests/fixes for the next release and I just looked this up in the source--turns out I left out that message intentionally... At this point probably makes sense to add it in though.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon