Grid Sage Forums

• May 17, 2024, 02:22:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 10.1] Excessive negative friendly fire score mod  (Read 1242 times)

LordBlade

• Unaware
    • View Profile
[Beta 10.1] Excessive negative friendly fire score mod
« on: September 20, 2020, 05:58:54 PM »

Most of the time by the time I win a game, I have a huge negative in Bonus, and I don't know why.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:07:07 AM by Kyzrati »

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Score screen, what is "bonus" determined by?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:46:02 PM »

That might actually be a bug if you're not playing on Rogue difficulty. Seen reports of very wild negative scores for friendly fire bonus in other difficulties.

But bonuses, in general, are detailed in the scoresheets found in your Cogmind/scores folder.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 10.1] Excessive negative friendly fire score mod
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 03:07:26 AM »

You can always see the full Bonus breakdown in your scoresheet for the run, found in the /scoresheets/ directory.

I was wondering if this was something happening only on lower difficulty modes since we don't get much feedback on those, and the modes do make various changes. I asked LordBlade for a scoresheet on Discord to be able to investigate further, but never got one, so I don't have any specific data to go on...

Anyway, it's on my list to look at for the next release.

...actually maybe I'll go do that right now since I might be doing another silent Beta 10.1 release soonish anyway. Could fix this in the meantime if there's anything weird going on.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:29:24 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 03:34:56 AM »

Okay, so I dug around and found that there is actually no difference in terms of friendly fire scoring modifiers across the different difficulty modes, so that would be unrelated. This means it's unlikely there's a bug here since we do have plenty of feedback and runs as far as Rogue mode goes.

It's likely more a question of play style. Destroying or even just damaging allies can be extremely bad for your score if you do it at all frequently (especially depending on what you hit them with!) It's also possible you might feel more invincible and therefore reckless in a non-Rogue difficulty mode, leading to more collateral damage :P

Some of the negative score modifiers are pretty huge, and can stack up fast! With a scoresheet we could probably see more details, but I'm pretty sure that's it. Just stop shooting allies and your score will be much happier for it xD

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 06:23:14 PM »

Update: Okay, I later got the scoresheet for the run(s) in question and apparently LordBlade was editing the game, in which case all bets are off--yes editing the game can screw things up :P

So this isn't an issue others need to worry about.