Grid Sage Forums

• May 02, 2024, 03:49:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 7.2] Unintended item swaps.  (Read 552 times)

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
[Beta 7.2] Unintended item swaps.
« on: January 18, 2019, 07:35:17 AM »

I'm using mouse. I wanted to drag and swap an item, but I took a wrong one, so I just dropped it below my item slots. For some reason the engine I held was swapped in! The exact place where I dropped it is shown in the screenshot and I can repeat it from the attached save, as long as it's Lgt. Angular Momentum Engine replacing Imp. Deuterium Engine.

I have noticed this odd behaviour at other times, but I was just clicking fast, so I wasn't 100% sure it wasn't my error. Sometimes a utility accidently swaps into some other utility's space and it can probably happen with other parts.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 7.2] Unintended item swaps.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 04:19:39 PM »

This is an intended interface feature! Thought you might've seen my do that on stream and in demo gifs before... You don't have to drop an item in a specific slot, you can drop it anywhere outside a slot in that window and it'll try to fit it in. If you're looking to swap with a very specific item, or or put it in a specific place, you have to drop it on top of the intended target.

This means that when you don't care about which slot something goes in you can just keep grabbing multiple parts and dropping them into the bottom of the Parts window area. It's much faster than actually moving the cursor to specific slots.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 03:35:38 AM »

Huh. Is it the same as just clicking on the item in my inventory then?

Either way, I'd like an option to turn it off. It happens to me once in a while: sometimes PC or game lags for a fraction of a second and a wrong swap is the effect.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 07:49:21 PM »

I could try to add an option to turn it off, but yeah it's technically the same as clicking on an item, just that the latter isn't quite as intuitive. Cogmind generally supports as many possible different ways to perform actions as it can, to cater to different needs and player habits.

Edit: Added disableDragDropAutoEquip for Beta 8 :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:02:00 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon