Grid Sage Forums

• May 01, 2024, 08:29:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 7.2] Zone Layout did not reveal nearby rooms.  (Read 971 times)

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
[Beta 7.2] Zone Layout did not reveal nearby rooms.
« on: December 17, 2018, 09:38:54 AM »

Check the screenshot

I'm standing right next to the terminal where I hacked Zone Layout. The terminals above me should be revealed by it, together with rooms they're in.

I'm also attaching a save and the previous backup from before the zone layout was used.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 7.2] Zone Layout did not reveal nearby rooms.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 04:07:08 AM »

Thanks a lot, Valguris! That is... incredibly weird I haven't seen that happen before (and I'd think something like this would've been reported by now considering it's been in there for years, hm). Wonder why.

I'll get to testing this one when I go to do the sweep of bug reports for Beta 8.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 7.2] Zone Layout did not reveal nearby rooms.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 01:36:32 AM »

Oh right, just loaded this save up to look at the map layout, and I probably should've figured this earlier: It's not a bug, because that's not how zone layouts work. They have to be physically connected to all revealed areas by something other than earth (walls are okay) to be considered part of the same "zone." Those other Terminals you know about in that situation are in a distantly-connected part of that map.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon