Grid Sage Forums

• May 21, 2024, 06:58:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 11.1 (220513)] (spoiler) Programmer doesn't remove unauthorized hack  (Read 742 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

According to a few lore entries, Programmers are supposed to remove disrupt trojans from terminal if they are affected by them.
On a recent run, i placed such a trojan on a C terminal. Some time after, an ARC deployed a Programmer within the area of effect after seeing my Operator friend, and said Programmer didn't remove the trojan : It was still there after the Programmer destroyed the Operator and was then blast cannoned to oblivion.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Not a bug, it's just something they can do, not something they'll unconditionally do all the time whenever they have the opportunity, in the same way that they don't always hack other bots. Their general priority is still to attack enemies (and there are other conditions, too, like they have to be close to the Terminal itself, among other requirements).

It's working as intended.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

I see. Do they require direct visual contact as well? Even if they don't, that still makes disrupt way more useful than i thought : I had understood that Programmers removed them automatically just by being in range, and maybe only when they attacked something, so i basically never installed them above -8.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

They do.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon