Cogmind > Competitions

Challenges

<< < (2/2)

Decker:

--- Quote ---I have similar problems with heat dissipation. Can never find good heat sinks.

--- End quote ---

Yes -- the only reliable source is to take a grunt/programmer/sentry/(hunter) head-on. Which is kind of anticlimatic for a stealth build. Fortunately, you don't need heat dissipation if you don't go too fast. The built-in dissipator gets fairly good.

Kyzrati:
Haha, congratulations Decker.

Regarding challenges, I do hope that one day we'll have support for things like this and others built into the game (would probably go well with Steam achievements).

And about slot distribution, just yesterday while chatting with someone I had the idea to include a special game mode in which you can't select your slots on evolution--they're chosen randomly for you and you just have to deal with it :D. Of course like other challenges you could self impose this one (pick randomly on your own) and try it out.

--- Quote from: Sherlockkat on March 13, 2016, 09:42:42 PM ---I think if the fabrication mechanics are improved, they can be a good support tool for builds like these. All you need to do is dedicate one of your inventory slots to a matter storage unit. Pretty low price to pay for the flexibility that comes with it.

--- End quote ---
That's my hope (and plan). I was going to try to start including these improvements in Alpha 7, but I'm not sure if there'll be enough time. It's high on the list, though, because it will contribute to new play styles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version