Grid Sage Forums

• May 01, 2024, 10:15:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Scroll through items in the Search Screen?  (Read 76 times)

Baxter

• Derelict
    • View Profile
Scroll through items in the Search Screen?
« on: April 07, 2024, 08:36:45 PM »

Is there a way to scroll through the map locations of items I search for using the keyboard?

Perhaps this is an option in keyboard mode, but I play almost exclusively mouse+keyboard. I’ll hit Space, then F, to open the search menu. I’ll type in the item name, and I often (subconsciously) click the down key to start scrolling through the item list, but that has no effect

This might be a handy addition. We type in the item, then we can scroll through the list via keyboard; perhaps we’re taken to the location of each item on the map as we scroll. Or perhaps we scroll to an item we’re interested in, then hit a key to bounce to its location.

If this is already an option and I’ve missed it, my apologies!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Scroll through items in the Search Screen?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 09:02:55 PM »

Not scrolling through like that, no, but you can use keyboard or mouse to select an item and the map centers on it, then also repeat that command again for the same item to have you path straight to it.

You can scroll the list itself when it's too long (which is what scroll normally accomplishes there), but I'm assuming you mean to simply scroll through the entire list as it shows you each item's location one by one. Overall not as helpful, but note that they're also listed in terms of distance from your current position.

The manual covers more advanced features like this. Once you're familiar with basic functionality of the interface, you might want to check out the section on Advanced UI, and also the advanced config options--lots more you can do which may not be obvious at first.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 02:02:37 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Baxter

• Derelict
    • View Profile
Re: Scroll through items in the Search Screen?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 11:31:06 PM »

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look at the advanced options, and perhaps the advanced config options, too. Cheers!