Grid Sage Forums

• May 02, 2024, 03:07:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 13] (Spoilers) Inventory item labels appear briefly near attached parts  (Read 100 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile

Spoiler warning for the location and related things. (Relatively big spoilers)

Non-modal UI

As visible in the video and screenshot, the names of some items in my inventory appear briefly next to some of my attached items, despite the fact that i did nothing that should trigger that.
The names are specifically those of the last items i'd swapped into my inventory, and they are next to the very parts i swapped them with!
I don't know much about auto-repair or whatever that feature is called, but it's probably related?

One last potentially relevant thing : When i flew past the Fortress, the only thing that got hit was my Sigix Broadsword, which was inactive then. I did lose propulsion integrity from burnout both before and after, though.

I don't have a video editing software, so the method i used to make the video of specifically those seven seconds was to re-record part of the longer video i had. (This is why some pixels appear at the bottom-right corner of the screen on the last frame.)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

This is a feature, not a bug :P

It's described in the manual, but I also just yesterday added a new tutorial message about them for Beta 14. (The reason I did so is because I was expanding this feature with yet more QoL capabilities! :D)

Those are the autopairs, showing you the names of all the parts you swapped out, so that you know you can reswap them easily using '/'+letter+Y.

You can call them up by putting your cursor over any of the tick marks next to such a part (did you notice all those parts always have a '-' next to them?), or holding Ctrl-Shift-a (this command was originally in the command list, but I removed it from the in-game list recently since it's rarely needed and no longer fits, but you can still find this in the full command list in the manual, as well as again in the description of the Advanced UI features).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile

That makes sense. I'm a bit surprised that hovering the cursor over the '-' doesn't happen to me more often.
In the case i reported, the labels appeared only for one frame, long after my cursor had passed them, which is probably due to the slowdown that gets worse over time for me. Luigi's performance boosts made a noticeable difference, but the slowdown still occurs, albeit slower and less noticeably.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

It behaves that way because you have to hover the cursor over the same tick for at least half a second for them to pop up, meaning it's an intentional act on your part, otherwise as your cursor passes over them doing all the more frequent part interactions they'd be popping up uselessly and just annoying.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon