Grid Sage Forums

• May 14, 2024, 07:42:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Crash on level transition  (Read 1400 times)

Sage1234

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Crash on level transition
« on: March 30, 2021, 08:07:56 PM »

I am playing the steam version and the game crashes when I transition to the next level.  I haven't tried dropping items or choosing different skills.  I was trying to increase my utility slots, hopefully I have included the files that would be helpful in identifying this issue. 

One more thing is there a way to increase the size of the letters on the screen?  My eyes struggle with the "small" items. 

Love the game. 

Thank you. 

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Crash on level transition
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 01:57:58 AM »

Hi Sage1234! Yeah this has been reported and fixed for Beta 11, though that fix won't yet help you in the current situation :P

This is caused by a new bug introduced in that version whereby one of your part swap autopairing records became invalid. So if you swap out/replace the offending part (it'll be one of the parts with a dash next to it in parts list), it'll allow you to exit normally.

(Let me know if you still need help after trying this.)

One more thing is there a way to increase the size of the letters on the screen?  My eyes struggle with the "small" items. 
Unfortunately only possible by using a physically larger monitor. (Everything scales to the size of your screen, which is why it's generally recommended to play Cogmind on a larger desktop monitor.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Sage1234

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 05:06:48 PM »

Thanks for the help, I dropped most of my items and I was able to move to the next level.  I found weapons almost right away so doing well.

Thanks for this game, I can't explain why but I love the feel of this game.  It just feels good to play it. 

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 06:42:21 AM »

Alright, sorry about the issue, in hindsight it would be nice if that fix was included in today's little update, but it's only in the Beta 11 branch right now xD (it doesn't seem all that common in general, since I'm pretty sure the main cause is a Recycler stealing one of your autopaired parts and not only tossing it in a Recycling Unit but also successfully completing the full recycle process...) (simply having autopaired/swapped with a different part would stop the bug, too)

Anyway hey glad you've found what seems to be just the game for you! There's always a game or two like that out there for everyone :). I rather enjoy it myself, which is why I made it in the first place, and if you like this I imagine you'll love what you've still yet to discover, plus other things still to come ;)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon