Grid Sage Forums

• May 14, 2024, 06:47:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Keyboard mode swap item from inventory slot 10 (0) doesn't work?  (Read 1705 times)

fonetikli

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is something specific to my machine or setup (i doubt there is anything bound to ctrl+shift+0, but I guess it could be possible), but this currently does not work for me.

Steps to reproduce:
- in keyboard mode, attempt to swap an attached item with one from the inventory in slot 10 (key
  • ).  Requires Hcp storage or similar.

If I cycled the inventory using '[' or ']' to get the same item into another slot (e.g. 9), I can swap it fine.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Keyboard mode swap item from inventory slot 10 (0) doesn't work?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 01:27:21 AM »

Interesting. I just checked real quick to see and I can swap inventory 0 just fine in kb mode.

Are you sure there wasn't some other cause? Like trying to swap between a large and small part (actually, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to swap different-sized parts, so maybe that wasn't it).

This appears to be some issue with your machine/keyboard setup, though it would be nice to figure out what. We'll see if anyone else reports it, and for now I'll leave this thread open here.

Some questions that might help narrow it down in the future: Are you using a US keyboard? English OS? Windows? (and version)

Some obvious workarounds: Cycle the inventory, if possible (as you did), or if you have exactly 10 items and cycling isn't possible, you can also press 't', 'm' or 'i' to re-sort the inventory and move items to different positions.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:28:55 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

fonetikli

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 03:41:14 AM »

Thanks for the quick response!

After a bit of Googling, I've managed to resolve this (the information here was helpful: http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22552-cant-use-ctrl-shift-0-windows-has.html).

I'm running Windows 8.1 and had to do the following:
Start -> Control Panel -> Language -> Advanced Settings -> Change Language Bar Hot Keys
From there highlight the Action for 'Between input languages' and select 'Change Key Sequence'.
Changing the 'Switch Keyboard Layout' option away from 'Ctrl+Shift' fixed the problem (I set it to 'grave' but probably could disable it altogether).

I'm using standard US Keyboard but have both English (United States) and English (New Zealand), my default, installed.  It's possible that having more than one language installed causes this key sequence to become captured by Windows?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 04:03:25 AM »

I have multiple languages installed, too, so I was guessing this issue might have something to do with the Windows IDE hotkeys. (I changed my own to IDE hotkeys to work differently, so this never impacted me in testing.)

Thank you very much for the info! This will be added to the troubleshooting guide as it's an OS settings issue.

At some point I'll see if it's at all possible to somehow disable the IDE key capturing from within Cogmind, since we can't use IDE support, anyway.

Deliz Seemack

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 12:46:22 PM »

I've had the same problem.

Here are some of the screenshot from my Keyboard configs on Windows 7.

Text Services and Input Languages

Advanced Key Settings

Problematic Key Sequence

Key Sequence which solved my problem

You can find me on Steam on http://steamcommunity.com/id/delizseemack

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 08:28:24 PM »

Cogmind Alpha 1b now explicitly disables Windows IME support in the game, so this should be resolved.