Grid Sage Forums

• May 04, 2024, 03:12:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Steam Warning  (Read 2266 times)

SHADOWELITE7

• Derelict
  • True Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Steam Warning
« on: March 30, 2020, 06:32:06 AM »

I saw this yesterday when I launched Cogmind. I was able to play it by pressing Play game. Today I saw it again. I decided to verify Integrity files. It said nothing was wrong. Does anyone have something like this?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Steam Warning
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 07:00:40 AM »

This is just a typical Steam cloud service warning. You'd have to take that up with them if you have questions about how it works, since this doesn't have anything to do with Cogmind in particular--Valve operates that. (Note this is referring to your user files, the ones that it keeps a copy of on the cloud if you have that option enabled, not your installation files.)

Steam cloud is honestly sometimes unreliable, and can even delete your user files if it gets confused (which it's possibly warning about here). Fortunately Cogmind also keeps local backups just in case, but you now might want to make sure you still have your gallery/achievements/etc in your Cogmind installation, in case Steam screwed something up.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

SHADOWELITE7

• Derelict
  • True Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 07:38:53 AM »

Yeah, I think emailing Valve would be a good Idea. I did check yesterday to see if I had all of my stuff and it seems fine. Nothing changed when that steam cloud warning pulled up. Though I could see if I did install Cogmind on my other Computers.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 07:43:11 AM »

That's just a suggestion of theirs anyway. Even if you haven't installed on another system at all, it can still cause issues like that. Personally just to see what it was like (and if there were issues) I originally turned it on when I installed Cogmind on Steam, but later on it just became problematic so I turned it off again :P

SHADOWELITE7

• Derelict
  • True Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 07:21:54 AM »

Just curious. If I do turn off Steam cloud. All my stuff (achievement, lore, gallery) will be there but if I am on a differint PC. I won't have all my stuff on there too?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 07:45:25 AM »

Right, that is the purpose of Steam Cloud, to make it so that you can access your progress on multiple computers.

I have mine turned off since I only use one, but I can see how a lot of people would want it on :) (plus it protects you from the potential of, for example, losing all your game data because your computer totally dies, or gets corrupted, or whatever, but at the same time Steam has also sometimes been the cause of the problems itself, so... YMMV :P)