• May 08, 2024, 08:37:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [SPOILER] RIF related, potential Bugs, Ideas, Thoughts, Stories  (Read 6905 times)

kiedra

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILER] RIF related, potential Bugs, Ideas, Thoughts, Stories
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 08:56:09 AM »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I cannot give you a definite answer to this, Kyz will have to do that, but I might as well tell you what I know

lsend

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2018, 10:14:20 AM »

I belive that "shadow" is not seed dependent. Just pure random.

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2019, 11:06:40 AM »

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. And how on earth do you manage do create a game like that and still be able to reply to almost every post - that's another thing I don't get haha

Your answers make sense and about the lore, I absolutely agree that it works best with the game. I hope you didn't get me wrong on that matter, cause I actually like it alot. The only problem for me is that I actually have to pay attention for once. Probably played to many jrpgs in my younger days with a lot of smalltalk stuff that doesn't add anything to the story and is mostly pointless chatter. Or comparing it to the souls series where the lore is not required for directions, those are easy in these games: Kill more bosses :)

I know saying "I don't have time" may seem like a blatant lie looking at my cumulative playtime, even though the game is running idle quite a bit, I still spent most of this time in front of the computer hehe. I have very few games total (only around 45), compared to a VERY high playtime. There's some personal issues to my "limited time", also the reason why I haven't played in months, but stuff like that doesn't really fit in here. I'm also not sure if skill is the problem, looking at other ppl's scoresheets that include different endings, I can see that I've been to these places myself, often I just stumpled upon them, not even prepared and we all know, preparation is half the battle. Still taking it as a personal challenge though hehe. When you're saying there's stuff that's apparently so tough to handle, really good incentive. The only thing I can say about a lack of skill is, I'm unable to control High Sec for long, meaning triggering it and still keep exploring. It must be doable though, GJ is on high sec 60% of the entire run.

I'm basically concerned that I might be missing something obvious or smaller, not talking to somebody, not picking up an item (like the sigix corpse, which I almost left behind, but someone somewhere mentioned something about bringing it to the surface - I think a terminal by its side, not sure anymore). I would like to figure this out all by myself, the main reason I'm asking is that I honestly don't know where to start first, even though the list of potential leads is actually quite long. I was hoping I would get some endings accidentally, because I visit a lot of places in almost every run, but usually get side tracked or bail because of High Sec threat, knowing I can't handle it for long, especially without an exit yet.

I have an idea though, a way to squeeze some information out of you without having to spoil anything. I'll list what I know of and think is related to different endings and all I would like as an answer is yes or no. This way I can try to make a beeline for these places, which will cut down the time required for that run and hopefully bring me closer of figuring stuff out myself. I will still do that btw even if nobody answers those, but I'd appreciate it if you did :):

@Kyz: One last thing to satisfy my OCD on the need to explain myself. I bought Cogmind because it looked interesting, it's a roguelike and I like difficulty. Never ever would I have expected the lore to be a significant part of it. Since I'm mostly interested in a game's mechanics, I expect lore to be more of a filler, which it often is. Not for this game though, which I think is a great achievement. I'm sure many have told you before, but kudos for creating this piece of art.

@zxc: you don't happen to have a recorded stealth run of yours? Couldn't find anything on youTube/twitch, I'd be interested though :)

I'm really sorry for not ever returning to this thread! Making amends right now.

I have lots of Cogmind videos (varying quality) in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLswkgiryJawP-6gvSLKqTKENLASbCzjC8 but they're old versions, though almost everything is still applicable, you just have more tools and branches available now (and propulsion armour was nerfed but it's not a huge deal). Also, watchers block sensors all the time now, which matters in late game. I will record more videos (and possibly stream) when I feel like I've de-rusted and mastered this new era of Cogmind, so it might not happen for a while.

As these posts were long ago, I imagine you've figured out a lot of stuff. If you have any questions I can answer all that I can.

seanawesomness

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2019, 05:01:04 PM »

I have a little "last hope" RIF story, I was at 500 core integrity and then some sages were on my back, seeing as my system corruption was already 5%, I didn't want any more system corruption so I was going to a chute when I saw a bruiser and a trooper so I went to a garrison, they gave me an extra 3% corruption and -100 core integrity when I was at the garrison, inside I went diagonal of where I was and took a few hits from virus's but destroyed them with my awesome pulse cannon, when I found the RIF installer I knew where component inventories for datajacks where, so I came one step closer and that's when the Gauss rifle is triggered, destroying the RIF installer and marking my end.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2019, 05:25:05 PM »

Oh man that is one terrible misfire xD (and to think, it even had to penetrate the wall first!)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

seanawesomness

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2019, 05:47:59 PM »

if I install a RIF, will I not be able to go through quarantine in Zion?(this is urgent)

seanawesomness

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2019, 05:57:20 PM »

also I need to no if it affects other factions

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind