Grid Sage Forums

• May 15, 2024, 02:58:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 10.2] RIF Signal Jamming still doesn't block Engineer reinforcement calls  (Read 1596 times)

Tone

• Unaware
  • Kyzrati Patron
    • View Profile

The RIF Signal Jamming ability (with NC coupler attached) still doesn't appear to block Engineers from calling reinforcements when attacked.  There's an item in the Beta 10.2 changelog that indicates this should be the case.  I think RIF Signal Jamming + transport network coupler also fails to block hauler reinforcement calls, if that's supposed to occur (I'm pretty sure this happened earlier, but I haven't re-verified since learning that these jamming issues were added/fixed).  Additionally, should Engineers who are "ignoring repairs" due to the RIF-required hack still call reinforcements?  (They currently do.)

Changelog reference: * NEW: Relay Coupler [NC] combined with Signal Jamming RIF ability also blocks busy Engineer calls for reinforcements

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Oops, you're right, there was a typo in there which made it not actually work xD

Normally I thoroughly test features and fixes to make sure they're working, but in this case did not since it was a very simple addition, but it was still broken...

I think RIF Signal Jamming + transport network coupler also fails to block hauler reinforcement calls, if that's supposed to occur
That was not a thing, but yes logically considering the other 10.2 change this should be added as well. (The point would be to put the ability on par with a Transmission Jammer.)

Additionally, should Engineers who are "ignoring repairs" due to the RIF-required hack still call reinforcements?  (They currently do.)
They don't under normal circumstances, but they will still do this if for example they were already in the process of rebuilding something (or heading to rebuild something) and they get attacked after being hacked but before they get to take another turn since at that point ignore_repairs has not yet had a chance to clear their queue yet. They check for hostile activity before their chance to do job updates.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Tone

• Unaware
  • Kyzrati Patron
    • View Profile

They don't under normal circumstances, but they will still do this if for example they were already in the process of rebuilding something (or heading to rebuild something) and they get attacked after being hacked but before they get to take another turn since at that point ignore_repairs has not yet had a chance to clear their queue yet. They check for hostile activity before their chance to do job updates.

Ah, well if this only occurs during a "single action" window, then it's fine.  I thought it was happening even later but I've only noted that it does happen and not when it happens  :)