Grid Sage Forums

• May 09, 2024, 03:42:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 13] (Spoiler) Projectile penetration increases range  (Read 28 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
[Beta 13] (Spoiler) Projectile penetration increases range
« on: April 27, 2024, 02:43:43 AM »

As visible in the attached screenshot, i shot the tile directly down-right of the upper Wall Chamber's lower right corner using my Imp. KE Penetrator, which was as far as i could shoot directly up-right diagonally.
This hit the barely out-of range Wall Chamber, which i think is normal? But the projectile penetrated the first tile, which made it travel to the next tile(?) and broke it, which i'm pretty sure breaks the rules of how weapon range works.

I later tried to see if you could hit a stationary hostile by extending the range using this method, but i'm not sure if it worked, as it might have been an Infiltrator i didn't recognize as friendly because of only have an Imp. Signal Interpreter (I hadn't seen Infiltrators yet), who didn't move when i shot them because they weren't 0b10?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 13] (Spoiler) Projectile penetration increases range
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 02:50:02 AM »

This is allowed. The precise edges of your range are a bit fungible, especially in cases like that because the object on the other side is a prop that occupies its entire cell position and is pushed right up against the edge of whatever's next to it, so if you penetrate you do still hit the side of it (now if it was something smaller that probably wouldn't occur, but there was no distance to travel following the penetration).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon