Grid Sage Forums

• May 28, 2024, 06:41:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Cogmind, some advices  (Read 1532 times)

Kasaris

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Cogmind, some advices
« on: September 18, 2016, 11:06:16 AM »

Hello all,

After a long while when I didn't play Cogmind at all, despite having played it at the beginning of the alpha, I think it's time to replay it in the near future ! The only problem is that many versions has come by and I suppose many things have changed. So I wanted to ask you : what are general advices you can give me to not die after 10 min of play? What are the most apparent changes since version 0.5/0.6 (and the most useful ones to know!)?

In a nutshell : help me รด great cogminds !
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 12:21:47 PM by Kasaris »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Cogmind, some advices
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 08:51:36 PM »

Hey Kasaris, welcome back :)

Others might have more specific advice, but I would say your best bet is to browse through the release notes for each of the major releases in the announcements board. At the very least check out the highlighted changelog items (since I always highlight the most important stuff), but the full release notes of course include more in-depth explanations of what you'll be dealing with.

Certainly there are a ton of new features and maps since you were playing last! Honestly though there haven't been as many changes, per se, that will trip you up, mostly just new things to discover and experiment with. The biggest changes are probably that removing processors now destroys them, along with a big rebalancing of propulsion, machine functionality, volley timings... all of which are basically in your favor and work to make the game both a little easier (more streamlined) and even more fun. So you'll probably do better that before, even without exploring all the details beforehand!

Good luck!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 08:42:42 AM »

I think you'll get the hang of it by just playing!

But for specifics, check out the announcement threads like Kyzrati said.

Kasaris

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 03:01:41 PM »

Nice ok ! I will (re) play in the near future, thanks. I'm in an ADOM-play frenzy for some weeks now : didn't get far in the game (at all) but it is super fun and -omg- hard, especially when you try not to be spoiled... :'( :-X Soooo this frenzy can take a while before I play Cogmind again  :P