Poll

Most annoying combat enemy class

Swarmers. Is it legal to move so fast?
- 4 (33.3%)
Hunters. Have some respect for walls.
- 6 (50%)
Programmers. Stop stealing my allies.
- 2 (16.7%)
Behemoth. Sometimes there is no way around.
- 0 (0%)
Protectors. Aren't videogame angels supposed to fly?
- 0 (0%)
Grunts or other.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Most annoying enemy class.  (Read 1058 times)

muxecoid

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Most annoying enemy class.
« on: March 02, 2019, 01:15:02 AM »

Most of my deaths involved meeting multiple hunter squads at the same time. I wonder what is your experience.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Most annoying enemy class.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 05:04:31 AM »

Definitely Hunters for me, too. They have the widest array of abilities, are powerful, and hard to lose unless you're really fast. Most other enemies have fewer dimensions by comparison.

(Also: Ha, it's funny you did this poll because I was going to do something like this one day, but hadn't gotten around to it, so thanks :D)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Xii

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
    • HyperTele
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 03:08:08 PM »

Disruptors, I think they're called? Swarmers with weapons that disable all my propulsion in one to two turns, brutally shutting down any pacifist run incapable of teleporting the very instant they come into view. Grumble.

Via

• Unaware
  • Kyzrati Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 03:59:06 PM »

Swarmers: their slowness put me in a cold sweat rather than their fast. Since they patrol very slowly and in a widely spreading group, it is difficult to pass around and can be big threat to stealth run, though they rarely be cause of death directly. Or I might have to attack them quckly even in stealth run. Hmm.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 04:57:04 PM »

Disruptors, I think they're called? Swarmers with weapons that disable all my propulsion in one to two turns, brutally shutting down any pacifist run incapable of teleporting the very instant they come into view. Grumble.
Oh I see you've come up against the new Trackers. Yeah they're pretty much death incarnate, although rare and completely avoidable unless intentionally trying for some extremely challenging goals :)

Swarmers: their slowness put me in a cold sweat rather than their fast. Since they patrol very slowly and in a widely spreading group, it is difficult to pass around and can be big threat to stealth run, though they rarely be cause of death directly. Or I might have to attack them quckly even in stealth run. Hmm.
Yeah they're pretty annoying in some cases, although I always feel safe around them as long as I have a launcher.

(Also welcome to the forums, Via!)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:58:35 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon