Grid Sage Forums

• May 06, 2024, 01:21:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: EM corruption and Particle Charger  (Read 881 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
EM corruption and Particle Charger
« on: April 19, 2018, 03:46:23 AM »

In a recent stream Valguris commented that Particle Chargers, etc., do not affect the amount of corruption caused by an EM shot, it is always based on the base damage of the weapon. I have not measured this myself (I guess you would have to use the robot Link hack and take a number of measurements to either find one causing less than 50% of damage worth of corruption or achieve statistical certainty that none exceeded 150% of base) but think this may be a bug either in the game or the manual if true?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: EM corruption and Particle Charger
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 06:00:31 AM »

I'm pretty sure he knew about that because I told him, but honestly on closer inspection I may have confused myself there! You can increase corruption by increasing damage output, but what I told him was the "original damage" that corruption is based on is the post-buff damage value before any modification by defensive modifiers like shields.

So where the manual says "damage done" it doesn't mean the final amount inflicted, but the total modified damage output of the weapon. I'll do something to clear that up. (I was actually planning on adding a section to the manual that goes over the order of attack operations, because what used to be pretty simple has gotten quite complex over the years with all these new mechanics...).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 02:56:05 PM »

I am confused now, too. It appears that the corruption amount is affected by at least innate EM resistance or it would not take nearly so many hits with an EMDS to terminally corrupt a CP. So are you saying it is actually calculated from the final modified amount after all buffs and target resistances/vulnerabilities are applied? Or some earlier number?

Edited: On second read, I think you may be saying it's the number before any active shields (Force Field, Remote Force Field, etc.) are applied -- but otherwise with all buffs and resistances/vulnerabilities taken into account.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 05:57:40 PM »

Sorry no, what I mean by "damage output" is the final result of all offense-related modifiers. That is the actual damage rating for the attack, while any defensive modifiers do not actually reduce the corruption applied. Defensive modifiers would include shields, resistances, and other utility effects (for example EM corruption reduction itself).

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 08:39:51 AM »

FYI update: I'm adding a relevant new section to the manual.