Grid Sage Forums

• May 06, 2024, 08:14:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: How quickly did you progress in the Cogmind game?  (Read 1382 times)

Laida

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
How quickly did you progress in the Cogmind game?
« on: March 03, 2018, 09:09:10 AM »

I got only 63% lore, 72% gallery and 1 ending after 160 hours of playing...

And there are some things I didn't understand yet, for example -
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, I wonder, how quickly other players are progressing in this game?
How many percent of lore and gallery and endings did you discovered and what time it took?
Share your experience, please  :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:32:02 PM by Laida »

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Re: How quickly did you progress in the Cogmind game?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 06:32:02 PM »

I bought the game initially in July 2017, have put about 235 hours in according to my latest scoresheet and have 88% lore and 86% gallery. It takes a long time to find everything (GJ's scoresheets say he's spent 900+ hours in comparison) and some of them I learned how to get by being spoiled from watching Twitch streams which I will list in the spoiler tag along with a little information about the things you don't understand.

Basically you just have to get good at combat, there is no secret shortcut to being good, or if there is I don't know it. Take your time and think, learn how the mechanics work, practice and don't rush past the early levels. :) It's fairly easy for me now to get past the early levels of Factory, deceptively easy in that you can do so without having a build that can survive the end game. The best players seem to have a very good idea of exactly how far they can push their luck before escaping to the next level.

I have a list of what I think all the endings are from studying scoresheets, but I have only gotten what I think are the three easiest ones.

randyt

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 05:23:56 AM »

@Joshua: Regarding to the Archives event, would you suggest the link of twitch or seed name? I have been bashing my head in that regard.

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 05:38:01 AM »

@Joshua: Regarding to the Archives event, would you suggest the link of twitch or seed name? I have been bashing my head in that regard.

I think perhaps he did not save the stream after it was done.

Try seed: SurveybotCloakingInterpreter

Laida

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 02:31:21 PM »

Ok, I spent more time for this game, than for any other game in Steam... still have only 68% of lore and 75% of gallery.
I reached all achievments in Invisible Inc in a less time.  :o

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 08:42:16 AM »

Hehe, and I haven't even added the first batch of 256 achievements yet! But this is what happens when I work on a game for years and years--it gets really big :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon