Grid Sage Forums

• May 15, 2024, 12:49:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 8] Various Chronowheel bugs  (Read 1180 times)

Tone

• Unaware
  • Kyzrati Patron
    • View Profile
[Beta 8] Various Chronowheel bugs
« on: March 09, 2019, 11:31:53 PM »

If the chronowheel is used and allowed to deplete naturally, then once the game is restored to the previous state (via the chronowheel's effect), the L/A/I/C options from the top-center window disappear and the player can no longer toggle between these displays.

To reproduce: equip the chronowheel, allow it to deplete naturally, observe top-center window.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 06:30:33 AM by Kyzrati »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 8] Various Chronowheel bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 06:37:04 AM »

Hey Tone! Yeah this one was reported on Discord, but I guess we need a thread for it because there are actually a number of bugs with this part. I knew there would be because it's pretty much the craziest part to ever exist (architecturally speaking), but couldn't test absolutely everything myself :P

So I've updated your thread title to be a little more broad, and here are the other known issues for reference:
  • If any item info is open while attaching/detaching Chronowheel to pass turns, once it breaks the UI is stuck and the game will eventually crash.
  • Trying to use two Chronowheels crashes the game.
  • Possessing two Chronowheels but using only one destroys both after a reversion.
  • Attaching one Chronowheel and dropping a second prevents the first from actually reverting to a previous state, though the UI glitches remain.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Tone

• Unaware
  • Kyzrati Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 04:20:00 PM »

Ah good, I see you already know about the other Chronowheel bugs.  I had encountered most of these but it was getting late so I only posted the one.  It seems that messing with space-time does not come without its consequences  ;D

Some extra detail for the last item:  If you equip two Chronowheels, then remove one of them while both are still equipped (it doesn't matter which one), the remaining Chronowheel will deplete to 1 integrity but the decay stops there and it is never destroyed naturally.  If you equip *another* Chronowheel at this point, then the game will crash, similar to equipping two and leaving them on.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 04:09:03 AM »

Working on eliminating all these bugs at the moment, and all of those that involve two Chronowheels will just go away because I'm making it impossible to acquire more than one :P

Still have the others to deal with, of course.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon