Grid Sage Forums

• May 19, 2024, 01:07:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Inconsistent broken robot interaction  (Read 874 times)

Decker

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win
    • View Profile
Inconsistent broken robot interaction
« on: September 25, 2016, 09:37:32 AM »

This is more a nitpick than a bug.

In the caves, there are often broken robots that can be stripped for pieces. In half the cases, bumping into them with melee results in "cannot swap with disabled ally". They're not disabled, they're broken. Thus, the expected behavior would be for them to be attacked, rather than requiring the player to disable all weapons but melee, and fire the melee weapon manually.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Inconsistent broken robot interaction
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 05:09:19 PM »

I'm familiar with this one, since I've had the same happen and fixed a similar issue before as more and more types of disabled/broken robot statuses were added.

It's somewhat complicated because in addition to their status there is also a faction setting that you cannot see, and that's what really determines attempted swap behavior. That particular bot you're looking at is created as an ally (albeit a permanently broken one). Broken status should override swapping when it comes to bump behavior, but there was... some reason I didn't do that in there :P. I'll check again to see if I can make it more convenient!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Inconsistent broken robot interaction
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 07:49:47 PM »

Okay, I've fixed these without changing the overall behavior. What was really needed was to make sure that prefab-placed broken robots were not assigned to an allied faction. I'd assigned them factions based on their origin, but that doesn't make sense in some cases you run across in the caves since they're permanently broken anyway (and yes, meant for you to scavenge parts from :D).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon