Grid Sage Forums

• May 05, 2024, 06:42:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Behemoth cannot shoot through door?  (Read 838 times)

Nakomus

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Behemoth cannot shoot through door?
« on: August 16, 2016, 07:31:06 PM »

I ran into a surprising situation today in the Factory. I encountered a behemoth. Initially I thought it was a group of enemies, but if I understood correctly from the data screen, its actually one larger enemy. At any rate, I retreated to a nearby side room to fight the "group" of enemies and stood diagonally from the door and waited for it. Eventually it showed up outside the door and I started shooting at it. I noticed after a few turns that it wasn't firing back, and also wasn't coming through the door.

It seems to have placed itself so that it cant actually bring its weapons to bear on me through the door, even though I have a clear line of fire to it through the open door myself. I've attached a screenshot showing the situation. I don't where its weapons are actually located in the grid, so I cant tell if it should be able to hit me from there, but I would expect it to either move so that it could, or perhaps just blast the wall down to get at me if not.

I've just started playing Cogmind recently and am quite enjoying it, I just registered with the forum to mention this.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Behemoth cannot shoot through door?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 07:43:19 PM »

This is a known way to take advantage of Behemoths at the moment, in certain situations. I was going to do something about it in Alpha 10, but ran out of time, so it might be in the next release instead! Thanks for the specific screenshot.

They'll be even scarier when you can't get them in a situation like that ;)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon