Grid Sage Forums

• May 04, 2024, 05:47:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Item Gallery Collection Percentage  (Read 3849 times)

fonetikli

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Item Gallery Collection Percentage
« on: May 26, 2015, 02:09:33 AM »

Where have others got to so far with the Collection % in the Item Gallery?  I did a couple of runs where I prioritised attaching new parts (and often instantly detaching them again) just to try and unlock some extra items. 

I've played 10 games so far and have unlocked 29%.

Am still hoping the alpha access bonus gets my name attached to something awesome like the HERF cannon  :>

@Kyzrati, i know this isn't the 'Ideas' board, but it would be cool if there was a way to examine the items in the Item Gallery in more detail (i.e. select an individual item and see its base stats), and would help with familiarization in a game that has many, many different items.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Item Gallery Collection Percentage
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 02:21:33 AM »

Good to hear the percentage is working--someone reported it wasn't going up for them but I believe that's most likely because their files were being blocked from updating (by the OS) which will cause that.

I, too, am curious what kind of percentages players have reached so far. Note that 100% will be impossible right now because a number of items in the data aren't actually findable in game yet.

@Kyzrati
That does sound like a useful feature. I'll see about adding it eventually.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

boomblip

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 12:04:03 PM »

33 percent at the moment, typically reaching 4 or 5 evolutions at this point before catastrophic failure.  Do you have to pick up or equip items for them to be ID'ed or just "see" them.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:17:01 AM »

You must actually pick them up. So there may be a few items you never bothered to pick up and therefore they won't appear there yet.

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 01:02:25 AM »

Wait, for reals? Aww man...
Seconding that 'should be able to view info' request though :P

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 01:46:34 AM »

Yep, you have to not only pick them up, you have to actually attach them. The record is more one of "what have you used before." As far as trying to complete the full collection goes it might seem more annoying, but following this rule makes the accompanying tallies much more meaningful. Those tallies would be almost pointless if they were incremented every time you just saw an item--instead, they can show you how much you use each type of part!

Arseface

• Derelict
  • Baddest of the Bads
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »

This. Just give the tallies a x0 if you haven't attached it.
"Hard work might pay off in the long run, but being lazy always pays off right now"
-Somebody

boomblip

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 07:11:45 PM »

Yep, you have to not only pick them up, you have to actually attach them. The record is more one of "what have you used before." As far as trying to complete the full collection goes it might seem more annoying, but following this rule makes the accompanying tallies much more meaningful. Those tallies would be almost pointless if they were incremented every time you just saw an item--instead, they can show you how much you use each type of part!

Oh damn, 2 days of runs where I was just picking things up and dropping them :-P, up to 43 percent though now, gonna be alot higher now that I know this.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 01:52:16 AM »

This. Just give the tallies a x0 if you haven't attached it.
I'd like to do that, though it would be misleading because I would still only want to include actual attached items in the percentage calculation. Then you could end up with a large database but incomplete or even low percentage.

I could add more of a description, but there's already more info that needs to be added into that window (plus an animated percentage bar) and not enough room for that as is. Added to notes--possibly later after I've slightly redesigned the window.

endlessblaze

• Derelict
  • FIRE THE EM CANNONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »

40%

I want something like a power sword. or EM pulse cannon. maybe EM shotgun.