Grid Sage Forums

• May 05, 2024, 12:30:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Keyboard  (Read 2755 times)

Kasaris

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Keyboard
« on: May 31, 2015, 11:57:11 AM »

Hello all,

I wanted to know : being a frenchie, I only got an AZERTY keyboard so I would like to know if the commands could be set from qwerty to azerty!
For me a=q, w=z etc... snif
If not well, I'll continue to play anyway

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 12:19:20 PM »

As far as I know, the game is not very rebind-friendly. I think you might be without a paddle for a while. Sorry :( I know there's software out there you can use to modify your keyboard layout, probably even temporarily.

Kasaris

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 03:35:24 PM »

Yeah ok I understand.

Actually I just saw that somebody left a topic in the report bug section where he spoke about his problem to play the game with his german keyboard and another with a finnish one  ;D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 08:03:42 PM »

Yeah key rebinds aren't possible under the current setup, the one accessibility feature I really wanted but couldn't implement. Instead I do plan to look into some kind of auto-conversion scheme for non-US keyboards. That will have to wait a little longer since there are more pressing issues that apply to a greater portion of players, but I'll get to it eventually!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kasaris

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 07:35:04 AM »

Of course, it's not THAT bad !

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 07:52:33 AM »

Well, it would annoy the hell out of me! (And actually, simply inconveniencing others annoys me, too, so I'm always motivated to take action. But when there are a zillion things to do I must prioritize :P)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kasaris

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 01:54:53 PM »

I understand the priorities  :)