Grid Sage Forums

• May 05, 2024, 09:27:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Hotkey to show all visible items  (Read 3801 times)

brevous

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Hotkey to show all visible items
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:56:51 PM »

When I enter a new room and the new item flags appear, it's really nice. I wish I could raise the little flags myself by holding alt or something. Thanks.

Vherid

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Re: Hotkey to show all visible items
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:34 PM »

thrAsher

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 10:16:46 PM »

Press 3.

brevous

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 10:44:13 PM »

Wow. I feel stupid. Thanks guys.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 05:27:45 AM »

Not stupid, there are a stupid number of commands and features ;). No one can be expected to learn them all so quickly. I do recommend when you have a minute to read the full list of commands in the help menu. Also the options menu, since there many customizable features!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 10:47:38 PM »

Also the options menu, since there many customizable features!
Yeah! Everyone needs to turn on the uploading of scores so Kyzrati can see how bad we are doing. I'm doing my part! :P

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 03:11:46 AM »

You mean this part? ::)
how bad we are doing

While I'm too busy to even think about looking at them now, it's great to have those score sheets for several reasons:
-One is I'd like to have them automatically imported into a database that others can browse online.
-Another is we'll use the collected data to perhaps tweak the balance.
-And the third is we'll be able to use it for tournaments, so it's nice to see the system working ;D.

All I've done so far is open the folder to see hundreds of games in there and get the idea that some people are playing quite a few runs, often with increasing scores but not always =p.

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 05:49:14 AM »

I'm an EVE player, so I'm going to need to start charts and graphs and statistical analyses eventually! Chop chop! :P

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:18 AM »

Haha, awesome, I love me some charts and graphs. (And EVE is fun, too!) Maybe as an intermediary solution I'll just write a program to convert all the sheets to csv and give them to you ;)

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 08:21:28 AM »

Haha, awesome, I love me some charts and graphs. (And EVE is fun, too!) Maybe as an intermediary solution I'll just write a program to convert all the sheets to csv and give them to you ;)
Heehee! That's a bad idea - it'd be a conflict of interest. Although I have some excel skills, I am murderously driven to be #1 - if I saw someone doing better than me, I'd probably die of dehydration before I stopped playing.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 01:05:01 PM »

Heehee! That's a bad idea - it'd be a conflict of interest. Although I have some excel skills, I am murderously driven to be #1 - if I saw someone doing better than me, I'd probably die of dehydration before I stopped playing.
Oh man, try to avoid the players who are already using cheat hacks, then. "You got WHAT score?!" ;)

infectedm

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 11:03:02 AM »

Resurrecting this old thread with a new suggestion:

Can the behavior of the 1-4 keys be extended so the flags stay on the screen as long as the key is pressed?
This way you have more time for reading if there are a lot of items on the screen.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 07:10:34 PM »

I guess the idea didn't make it into this thread, but that was discussed in some other related thread about a week ago--it's in the plans.

Shobalk

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 07:59:59 PM »

Can the behavior of the 1-4 keys be extended so the flags stay on the screen as long as the key is pressed?
This way you have more time for reading if there are a lot of items on the screen.

I guess the idea didn't make it into this thread, but that was discussed in some other related thread about a week ago--it's in the plans.

This is my most wanted feature =)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 08:05:38 PM »

Let's hope it makes it into the next release, then :). I'm only going to be adding things for two more days, followed by some testing and then release. This particular feature might be more involved to get working so I'm not sure... The next release is supposed to be aimed at bug fixes, but I'm also adding any feature requests that don't take very long (or are super important, like the locked exit indicator).