Grid Sage Forums

• May 05, 2024, 11:08:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Log Timestamps and Long Wait  (Read 1304 times)

Arseface

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
  • Baddest of the Bads
    • View Profile
Log Timestamps and Long Wait
« on: May 30, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »

I'd like to know what turn things happened for reference. Showing the turn count in the log would be handy.

I'd also like a long wait command of some sort. 50 turns is perfect, 100 turns could work. Holding down . or flicking the wheel is so imprecise when you're trying to wait out a terminal reboot or hide till your terrain scanner gives you proper readings.
"Hard work might pay off in the long run, but being lazy always pays off right now"
-Somebody

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Log Timestamps and Long Wait
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 09:21:08 PM »

Got it. I'll add a 50-turn long wait command.

I like the idea of turn counts in the log. I'm undecided about whether that should be on by default, or provided as an optional feature. I think having the numbers there could be unnecessarily distracting for some players, so I may want them to not normally be shown.

Regardless of whether it's shown in the UI, turn should definitely be recorded and put in the log when it's output at the end of the game.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Sylverone

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: Log Timestamps and Long Wait
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 05:13:16 PM »

Yes, I agree, make it an option that is off by default. The players who would want the feature are the ones who would be more likely to look at the options, I imagine.