Grid Sage Forums

• May 13, 2024, 03:33:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Schematic Text Box Cut Off  (Read 1529 times)

Arseface

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
  • Baddest of the Bads
    • View Profile
Schematic Text Box Cut Off
« on: May 28, 2015, 07:54:25 AM »

I went to look at Remote Datajack to see how much it cost to fab and the box is cut off at the fab time with no ability to scroll down.
"Hard work might pay off in the long run, but being lazy always pays off right now"
-Somebody

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
Re: Schematic Text Box Cut Off
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:04:41 AM »

Hmm... Do you have a screenshot of what that looks like?

ironpotato

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 10:37:43 AM »

Hmm... Do you have a screenshot of what that looks like?

I have seen the same thing, but later thought it wasn't a bug it was just me because if you look at the manual you can scroll down. I figured I was just trying to scroll wrong. It should be easy to reproduce, just put in a few commands until the messages go off screen.

Arseface

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
  • Baddest of the Bads
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 01:14:54 PM »

I'm not talking about the log, I'm talking about the schematic screen you access through the status window.

I don't know what all parts go off screen, but Remote Datajacks do for me.
"Hard work might pay off in the long run, but being lazy always pays off right now"
-Somebody

ironpotato

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 05:30:53 PM »

I'm not talking about the log, I'm talking about the schematic screen you access through the status window.

I don't know what all parts go off screen, but Remote Datajacks do for me.

Oh my that's much worse. I don't think I have that problem with Remote Datajacks, I'll have to check

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 08:23:24 PM »

Thanks for the screenshot. I knew that some parts would come really close to overflowing on the schematics window (too much data at once after tacking on Fabrication details...), but I didn't find any that would definitely overflow.

It's a bit of a dilemma because I'd like to provide full item info once you have the schematic, but then there's also the extra Fab requirements, and the item info is not designed to be a scrollable window. The only solution would be to leave off some other section.

On the bright side at least the overflow didn't crash the game! :D

Edit: This might not happen to everyone, because at certain screen resolutions you can fit more info. But it must be compatible with the smallest possible window, as seen here.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon