Grid Sage Forums

• May 15, 2024, 05:37:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Mining Edge of Map = Game Shuts Down  (Read 968 times)

MJWkr

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Mining Edge of Map = Game Shuts Down
« on: November 07, 2015, 12:10:33 AM »

Hi,

Subject line says it all.  Mined edge of map twice tonight, once by accident in a regular run, another in a session where I set out to re-create the problem.  First time mined edge with a chainsaw.  Second time with mining claw.  Same result - game shuts down to desktop.  Can't find the crash.log, so have attached the run.log, if it helps.

-MJWkr-

Draco18s

• Cyborg
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015
    • View Profile
Re: Mining Edge of Map = Game Shuts Down
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 09:01:57 AM »

Tee hee.
The error is likely an Array Index Out Of Bounds Exception, but it should be easy for Kyzrati to find. Can't get any more obvious than trying to be a cheating mouse. ;)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Mining Edge of Map = Game Shuts Down
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 07:39:41 PM »

Hah, um, whoops. Surprisingly I guess there is no map bounds check on melee attacks. I'll get that fixed.

Technically the edge of the map, if you've reached it, will appear completely black, so you'll know you've reached it. Don't head in that direction for now (there is no other case where you cannot see what's adjacent to you).

The crash.log should appear in the same directory as the run.log--in fact, it's just a renamed run.log. So this attached run.log is from a different game. If you had crash uploads enabled I can pull it off the server, but from your description this should be very easy to replicate, anyway, so no need.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon