Grid Sage Forums

• May 04, 2024, 02:30:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Spoiler Protocol?  (Read 1188 times)

Adraius

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Spoiler Protocol?
« on: September 04, 2015, 12:11:58 PM »

Just a quick question: how do we want to handle game spoilers on the forums?  For example, if I discover something significant about how the central AI works or how to have my threat completely reset (as Kyzrati mentioned is now possible), I'd like to be able to share it - at the same time, I think the forum should be easy to navigate by people wanting to discover things on their own without them having to worry about accidentally spoiling themselves.

Should we do a Reddit-ish system of ad-hoc tags like [Enemy Behavior Spoilers], [Research Spoilers], [Map Layout Spoilers], etc. for thread titles?  I think we could also do something similar for individual posts; for example, spoiler-y contributions to non-spoiler-y threads could be in a spoiler box and prefaced by a warning about which sort of spoiler it is.  But there are other options, like confining spoilers to specific subforums.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Spoiler Protocol?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 09:38:47 PM »

There is the idea of segregating anything spoilery into its own board, which I've seen on other roguelike forums, but I think that might be a bit limiting. Spoilers can logically find their way into discussions on any number of boards, like Stories, Strategies, Competitions, or even Ideas.

I think you can indicate spoiler content via thread tags, if you start the thread and the whole idea of it includes spoilers (and should obviously avoid describing the exact spoiler in the title itself), though of course the safest way beyond that is to use the
Code: [Select]
[spoiler] BBCode tag in your post itself.

Or maybe add a dedicated spoilers board anyway, to mostly keep it concentrated there (and allow for any content in post titles, which makes discussion easier to find and follow!), but then if a discussion elsewhere wants to mention a spoiler within its content, it can still do so with the BBCode.

I guess the question is: Does anyone want a Spoilers board?
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon