Grid Sage Forums

• May 17, 2024, 01:38:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Unique Robots  (Read 1208 times)

Shobalk

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Unique Robots
« on: September 01, 2015, 01:53:00 PM »

One of my favorite parts of DCSS are the unique mobs that spawn from time to time.

I'm not sure it fits your vision for the overall feel of the game, but it would be kind of cool to run across special "named" versions of bots throughout the game.

Out of band stats, fixed gear, interesting dialog events, that sort of thing.

Adraius

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Unique Robots
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 09:10:35 PM »

I wouldn't be opposed to the occasional one of these.  Hmm.  For example, a named Grunt with a Adv Heat Sink instead of an Imp model, and a slightly better gun.  A named pair of Hunters, or Programmer, et cetera.  Tweak the spawn rate so that you'll likely see only one every 3-4 floors - let them be occasional encounters and not overly different from regular mobs.  I like it.

Probably a feature for near/at/after release, though.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Unique Robots
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:36:54 PM »

Let's get all the named NPCs in there first :D

Actually, I can't spoil it but if you get towards the end of the game it's possible you'll see... something.

There are also three times as many robots already designed for the game as those you've seen so far.

My vision for the game is much broader than what you've seen so far, though I wanted to focus on the core/Complex 0b10 first.

What I'm saying is, you won't be disappointed ;)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon