Grid Sage Forums

• May 04, 2024, 11:14:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Printed/bound a Cogmind manual, or How To Waste Time And Office Supplies  (Read 752 times)

Rex Quantum

• Unaware
    • View Profile

Hey folks,

I had some downtime at work, and we had a bunch of extra scraps in the teacher's workroom, so I decided to cobble together a hard copy of the Cogmind manual.

After spending WAY too much time trying to figure out how the hell to duplex print on my crappy in-classroom printer, I managed to cram my scrap paper and cardstock through the poor thing.

The paper cutter in the workroom is really dull, so it's ugly. I used duct tape and staples to properly bind it so that it opens and folds flat properly.

The rear cover has a collection of quick-reference things like hotkeys.

It's ugly but it turned out to be super useful. I had one of my better runs, and being able to hold open a page and flip around is super useful.

Pictures at the album below:
https://imgur.com/a/Y63qnkO

Edit: Ooof. Huge pictures. Linked to the album instead of directly to the images.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:43:50 PM by Rex Quantum »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Printed/bound a Cogmind manual, or How To Waste Time And Office Supplies
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 11:34:58 PM »

Nice! Thanks for sharing, I like how it's marked "User Manual" :)

And maybe the "clearly put together from multiple parts" aesthetic is appropriate here!

(forum tip: you can insert a "width" parameter when linking to images, e.g. [img width=900] to specify the width you want it to appear as in the thread without affecting the image itself (people can still open it at full size if they want))
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon