Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 08:26:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Garrison-related questions  (Read 1073 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
Garrison-related questions
« on: November 07, 2021, 10:23:41 AM »

Most important one, is it just the access garrisons i should avoid going to, or also research garrisons directly leading to access? I'm in the middle of a good run that could potentially beat my 75273 score on the leaderboards, and i would like to make sure the answer is yes before i make potentially run-ending decisions.

Other questions :
 -Does the "garrison breached" announcement have to occur to get side effects like lower patrol density on the next region?
 -If you ram a phase wall, do you just bonk or do you phase into it?
 -Do "non-combat" relay couplers include protectors?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 10:26:26 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Garrison-related questions
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 05:21:10 PM »

Most important one, is it just the access garrisons i should avoid going to, or also research garrisons directly leading to access?
Assuming you're referring to the consequences of Access garrisons, it only applies if it's a garrison at the Access depth. Below that are Research garrisons. It's all based on depth.

-Does the "garrison breached" announcement have to occur to get side effects like lower patrol density on the next region?
No.

You can't enter a phase wall without the proper ability.

-Do "non-combat" relay couplers include protectors?
There is a list of all bots related to a given coupler in its description.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 10:11:35 AM »

Assuming you're referring to the consequences of Access garrisons, it only applies if it's a garrison at the Access depth. Below that are Research garrisons. It's all based on depth.
Thanks for confirming that!(and for your anwsers to the other questions) As it turns out, i did make a slightly different "big" mistake : i assumed no new troops could ever enter a garrison and ended up triggering high security. I quickly fled, and the run ended relatively soon after in w7+! (Beating my previous score by ~130 points.)

There is a list of all bots related to a given coupler in its description.
Oh. I have no idea how i missed that so many time while simultaneously wondering why there were no couplers for protectors. I feel quite silly now.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 11:29:27 PM »

Nice job! Also in Beta 11 it's been changed so there's no high sec there, which I guess would've ended up leading to a somewhat different path for your run, but things turned out okay anyway :)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 10:16:11 AM »

Nice job! Also in Beta 11 it's been changed so there's no high sec there, which I guess would've ended up leading to a somewhat different path for your run,
Thanks! I triggered high sec on a -2 garrison leading directly to access so my path couldn't actually have been any different. And while i could have scored a few more points, i doubt it would have been enough to bridge the 4k point gap between me and Wyvric. One thing it did do was make me extra careful, leading to me hacking alert purge hacks in access as soon as i could.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 01:58:54 AM »

Oh sorry by "different path" I meant different results in terms of difficulty and the challenges you'd have to face, because high sec would not have been possible at all. (Not literally taking a different route etc.)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 09:53:49 AM »

Oh. Wait, by "high sec would not have been possible at all" do you mean the alert level would stop rising at some point, that something else would happen, or that it would be similar to the mines where there's no high sec but the alert can rise far past it? (thus potentially triggering high sec instantly upon exit?)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 12:41:18 AM »

There's just no high sec to trigger. Would be hard to keep raising alert anyway since for now they won't be sending in new units. You're all alone in there.

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 10:01:31 AM »

Would be hard to keep raising alert anyway since for now they won't be sending in new units.
Wait, does that mean there's no
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
either? That opens up a few options next time i do that thing.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 04:46:52 PM »

There's nothing.

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 09:40:53 AM »

You can't enter a phase wall without the proper ability.
An update on this : in my recent run for the "the little core that could" achievement, i tried ramming a phase wall to disable it(in the hopes of finding a weapon cache behind) and ramming it did both of the things i though it could do at once : i got into it, and took some damage. I suppose you had either forgotten about this or misunderstood my question? Anyway my question was answered. (Oh, and as it turns out, i did find weapons behind the wall. I also found out that the other entrance was a door and not a phase wall, so i didn't actually need to ram anything.)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 05:49:09 PM »

Ah yeah I wasn't thinking that much into it--while ramming into it technically would work, it's clearly quite dangerous and usually not worth it :P

(And forcing your way through a certain path only to find there's an easier path nearby is classic Cogmind, haha)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 10:09:19 AM »

One more question i kept forgetting to ask : If one destroys a garrison access after sealing/jamming it, does it still trigger an assault squad?
I seem to remember that it doesn't, but am far from sure, and every time i could've checked with no downsides, i forgot to.

(Also in cases like this where one asks another question after all previous ones where answered, is it best to make a new topic or continue the old one?)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 11:08:22 PM »

I mean it's a Garrison-related question, so the thread (which is even your own!) seems perfectly appropriate :)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »

Ok, thanks. I ended up answering that last question myself, and the answer is (at least for sealed ones): It doesn't trigger assault, or even raise the alert by much, if at all. However, destroying sealed garrisons also doesn't yield couplers.