Grid Sage Forums

• May 13, 2024, 09:30:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 7.2] Gun-only volley not switching targets.  (Read 540 times)

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
[Beta 7.2] Gun-only volley not switching targets.
« on: January 17, 2019, 10:50:51 AM »

I fired a 4-gun volley. My third shot destroyed the target. There was no message about switching to a secondary target (hostile sentry was visible). Gunslinging was supposed to be guaranteed.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 7.2] Gun-only volley not switching targets.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 04:22:24 PM »

Only the chance to attempt switching the volley to another target is guaranteed, but there are a number of other requirements to be met, too, like LOS, active state of the target, whether the target is armed, having at least one remaining weapon within range, etc.

I just spent about 30 minutes recreating every possible scenario from this image and tested them a couple hundred times each and it works every time, so I think there must've been something else to this situation that's not apparent. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong there.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 02:15:04 AM »

None of the requirements you mentioned were broken. And it happened again at a later time, with different guns.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 04:22:51 AM »

Yeah I saw your comments on Discord. I haven't seen this happen myself in regular play, nor could I repeat by testing, either, so I dunno. The code is quite straightforward and appears fine. Look for a pattern if there is one?
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon