Grid Sage Forums

• May 13, 2024, 04:21:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 7.2, Steam Version] Achievements not unlocking?  (Read 549 times)

lyrabold

• Unaware
    • View Profile
[Beta 7.2, Steam Version] Achievements not unlocking?
« on: December 08, 2018, 10:21:34 AM »

I'm currently in the middle of a run, in Materials. I used
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and realized I didn't get the achievement for using a Force() command, although it seemed to work (
). I also used Traps(Reprogram) and realized I didn't get the achievement for that, either. I don't currently have these achievements, and my most recent achievement, which I got the other day, is "Back For More." I just figured I'd bring this to your attention, since it seems like a bug to me. If I'm wrong, sorry for the bug post about nothing, heh.

I've attached my run.log, since it's from a run of the game I've currently got going (the
was from yesterday, though, and while it's the same run, it's not the same instance of me launching the game).

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 7.2, Steam Version] Achievements not unlocking?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 04:49:19 PM »

With that Force() hack you did specifically, you have to succeed at the hack's final result for it to give you the achievement. I'm guessing that even though you found a vulnerable system, you got the NETWORK_OVERLOAD_FAIL result. (Pretty much all other Force() hacks have no separate fail states, but the one you tried here for the achievement does xD)

I also used Traps(Reprogram) and realized I didn't get the achievement for that, either.
You have to use a Datajack to get that achievement (it's unrelated to other trap reprogramming methods), so I'll update the description in Beta 8 to make that more explicit.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 04:01:56 AM »

Addendum: I was thinking about this later today and I'll probably change it to simply be using any Force() hack, even if it fails, mainly to cover that case (you're not the first person to have brought this one up :P). Then it'll also match the description wording, which I'd rather not change for this one.

lyrabold

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 08:36:33 AM »

It's actually the only Force() hack I know so far, I think, heh. Thanks for the reply and the help!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 04:44:13 PM »

And thank you for taking the time to report what could have been a bug :) (if anything it lead me to reevaluate my original decision!)