Grid Sage Forums

• May 12, 2024, 04:28:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [beta 6] Watch this!  (Read 805 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
[beta 6] Watch this!
« on: June 03, 2018, 07:30:04 AM »

I just destroyed a Watcher with a sneak attack, but didn't get the Watch This achievement.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [beta 6] Watch this!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 07:47:02 AM »

Hm, I tried this one before release and it worked, but some unrelated code was later changed that apparently made it no longer trigger. It's crazy how this one is detected--it was too complex to do another way for a simple achievement, so it literally reads the message log to look for the sneak attack confirmation :P (but the message has to appear in just the right place...)

In any case, I've updated it for Beta 7 and it should work again, though I'll add it to the list of a couple impossible achievements from yesterday.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 04:06:08 AM »

I did this again in a beta 7.2 run and still didn't get the achievement (run still in progress). Got a 'Great Axe targeting data glitched' message in between the sneak attack and Watcher destroyed message, so based on how you described the implementation that is probably why. Not sure if this is a big enough deal to fix, I'm sure I'll get it eventually. :)

Screenshot attached, see top of log.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 04:11:30 AM by Joshua »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 04:53:14 AM »

Heh good point, yeah it's implemented only by checking the log and that would be tough to work around (hence the hack in the first place :P), so I won't be making any further changes there. Really this isn't the kind of achievement I wanted to add in the first place (since my personal list always first took into account whether the architecture would support a given concept), but this one was requested and sounded like an interesting challenge so I tried to force it in there anyway...

If the architecture has some kind of change that might make this easier down the line I'll update it.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon