• May 04, 2024, 09:36:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weekly Seed #3 [Alpha 2c] [Seed: ConsiderPhlebas]  (Read 11030 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Weekly Seed #3 [Alpha 2c] [Seed: ConsiderPhlebas]
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 06:12:00 AM »

lol "It's a Chopper, baby"

Wow, so many people using Wheels! They're a last resort, folks; try to stick with better propulsion!

And I did notice the unusually high number of Mine deaths this week. Hopefully we'll start seeing less of that...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2015, 07:47:24 AM »

lol "It's a Chopper, baby"

:D

Wow, so many people using Wheels! They're a last resort, folks; try to stick with better propulsion!

And I did notice the unusually high number of Mine deaths this week. Hopefully we'll start seeing less of that...

That surprised me too, I didn't even look for it until I ran the super secret achievement generator.

feeblethemighty

• Unaware
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2015, 01:05:25 PM »

As someone who tends to use a lot of wheels, I use them cause I thought they were fairly balanced movement speed and support (albeit with low integrity, which can be a pain).  But when the creator of the game says they're a last resort, well, I guess I better change my tactics! :P

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 08:02:32 PM »

Hehe, well, just yesterday while working on trap mechanics I again looked back over the propulsion stats and did notice the appeal of wheels in terms of that speed-support balance.

In my opinion their main drawback--that they're the easiest type of propulsion to lose--is pretty serious since you can easily be stopped in your tracks and the whole point of propulsion is to keep you moving. That said, if you don't mind always carrying a lot of spares and shooting up non-combat robots, keeping yourself wheeled up is possible... I prefer something that will either 1) reliably allow me to outrun most pursuers or 2) not fall apart when the shooting starts!

monsieurmarc

• Unaware
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 04:27:38 AM »

One score sheet attached.
I died rather quickly

monsieurmarc

• Unaware
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 05:10:45 AM »

Dur I am a muppet ill go and do THIS weeks :-)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 05:49:09 AM »

Ha, that's okay, it can still be good practice and learning experience to play old ones and see what others talked about. Or even play the same seed multiple times and try different strategies while having a bit of a leg up. That's how some players learn :)

Plus the "latest one" might not always appear quite as obvious because of the way it appears in the board after I pin it... I'm on the fence about doing that.

... and yeah apparently you died in the Mines like many others on this seed :P. As a new player you'll want to learn how to generally avoid those on seed runs.
Pages: 1 [2]