Grid Sage Forums

• May 05, 2024, 11:30:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: In Keyboard mode, cursor is locked to upper-left corner when Alt-tab'd out  (Read 1707 times)

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile

Descriptive title is descriptive.

Steps to reproduce:
- Be in Keyboard Mode (F2 toggle)
- Alt-tab out of game
- Try to move your mouse
- cry

Or at least, that's what happens to me :P Toggling out of F2 fixes the cursor lock.
Unrelated note: Alt-F4 to save/quit is the slickest thing ever.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Descriptive title is descriptive.

Steps to reproduce:
- Be in Keyboard Mode (F2 toggle)
- Alt-tab out of game
- Try to move your mouse
- cry

Or at least, that's what happens to me :P Toggling out of F2 fixes the cursor lock.
Thanks, it's a known issue in fullscreen mode (not an issue when windowed). Will fix! Until then use F2 before/after tabbing!

Ah, you noticed that? ;). It's an undocumented feature because you can Alt-F4 to quit from anywhere, even places where saving is not allowed and therefore it wouldn't save under those conditions. In other words, it's not completely reliable, but it's nice to have :D.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

ironpotato

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile

Not if you're running wine on Debian with XFCE. I don't know why, but it kills my desktop panels. I wouldn't want to waste any time on looking into that though, I just restored my panel settings and went on with my day. I'm sure it's some shortcut command I haven't setup right in my environment.

Warmist

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile

Ah, you noticed that? ;). It's an undocumented feature because you can Alt-F4 to quit from anywhere, even places where saving is not allowed and therefore it wouldn't save under those conditions. In other words, it's not completely reliable, but it's nice to have :D.
Actually it's documented :). Under "basic" also alt-f10 to suicide and quit. Unless you mean that it's not completely reliable.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Alt-F10 is reliable, yes, because it only works in places where you're allowed to save (try pressing it while evolving, for example, and it does nothing).

Alt-F4 is a system command that shuts down the program, and I decided to have that save your game as well, but that executes anywhere, and skips the saving if saving is not possible in the given game state. I'd prefer players not use Alt-F4, hence the lack of documentation, but added the feature anyway :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon