Grid Sage Forums

• May 16, 2024, 05:21:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Possible bug in generation of factory.  (Read 1055 times)

Gaspard

• Unaware
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Possible bug in generation of factory.
« on: December 22, 2015, 03:21:40 PM »

So I entered the factory, cleared everything out, and know where the exit is thanks to utilities I lost.
One problem: there was a terminal with a locked door in front of it and it didn't have the command 'open'. I tried to do some indirect hacking but failed.
Later I destroyed it.

There seems to be no way out any more.  I can't seem to break the walls around that exit whatever I do..
So yeah, this may be intended, but that would be pretty harsh :(

Attached screen-shot of the map.
I don't have the seed yet, because I'm still doing my best to find some other way.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Possible bug in generation of factory.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 08:04:21 PM »

1. You're not in the Factory :P

2. That is not a normal exit you see there, it's a branch exit to a special branch. You haven't found the real exit. There will always be one or more openly accessible exits out of a map to another map. (The branch exit you see there is one of those just unlocked in Alpha 5, you can go that way if you want to read the spoiler in the release notes!)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Gaspard

• Unaware
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 08:26:20 AM »

Whoops, sorry for the location error!
I'm pretty sure I have visited all the map though and didn't find another exit. Going to double check that next time I play.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 08:36:07 AM »

It was there, somewhere ;). Check the main hallways. It's impossible to generate a map with no reachable exit--as one of its final confirmation steps the generator does a pathfinding check to ensure there's a path to at least one exit from your starting point, and if there isn't it throws the map out and generates a new one until that test passes. In other words, the game won't even drop you into a map until it already knows there's a way out!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon