Grid Sage Forums

• May 10, 2024, 12:43:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [10.2]Base event not triggering  (Read 376 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
[10.2]Base event not triggering
« on: December 11, 2021, 02:14:48 AM »

The retreat event didn't trigger in my latest run (save file attached). By that, i mean that the "base interior breached" message and what normally follows never occurred after a long time.

The story (hopefully that'll give a clear picture of the events) :
In my previous run, i noticed enhanced bots during that event (never did in the past ~80 runs(not all got to Warlord, but still.)). Because of this, i wanted to see the events happen more clearly, so when i reached Warlord in my current run, i had that goal in mind.

After locating the Vortex lab, i decided to use my Phasing AFG to get the vortex things and delay triggering the attack and give myself more time to get back to the gate and get some defense kills. After reaching Warlord,(i was Imprinted) i opened the stash, got some stuff and went back to the gate, where things weren't going so well for the Welcome Party guards.
After trying to help them out and not doing so well(a bouncer had been reprogrammed and kept knocking me back), the guards had all been destroyed, so i retreated, and the hostiles that saw me followed me, and i ended up destroying them one by one with help from nearby derelicts.
After a few more dispatches from MC, the counterattack rang, and i helped it a bit in getting to their goal(i didn't go very far in the tunnel) before turning back to go to Warlord and await the retreat and hopefully see interactions/reactions. (At that point, i thought it would trigger once a MC bot got past the gate after the counterattack)

After a few more dispatches from MC, the retreat still hadn't been declared, and my sensor array told me there were strikers and others making decent progress through Base. Thinking it was maybe related to the Vortex Lab not being opened, i went and opened it, but still nothing.
I then began retreating and things aren't going all that well.(i don't know if the secret gate "malfunctioned" yet.)

My guesses on this are that this is related to one of the following :
-The Vortex lab not being open (an oversight, as there's no in-game logical reason for it to not trigger just because of this);

-Me not having reached the east after the counterattack(bad design/oversight, since someone would naturally be curious about the events, and them not triggering could make the player potentially lose a very good run, despite having made no mistakes there(because there's no logical reason for it to not trigger because one didn't go east));

-The event being luck-based(bad design/oversight, since one can't possibly tell the difference between leaving too early and being unlucky, meaning the player could lose a run because of this despite having made no mistakes there(no logical reason for it to be luck-based over ));

-A combination of the above.

Also, this run is a very good run, my first going above 400 hostile kills, one with 50 000 points before even reaching Warlord, one with great potential to do things to get to what i'm guessing is extended game. I know there are save backups, and am wondering if i would be justified in using one of them?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [10.2]Base event not triggering
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 04:45:43 AM »

Yeah this was a known issue from shortly after that release, and was fixed a long time ago for Beta 11. You can find it in the Bugs Already Fixed post (although because it's a spoiler there are no details provided, also there were some other fixes necessary so they were all wrapped into one).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 04:54:41 AM »

By the way, thanks for the effort, and sorry that it's a bit problematic that 99% of issues are reported and discussed on the Discord rather than here, so people there are familiar with this being known (or are playing Beta 11 where it works normally), but it's not really on the forums other than the cryptic (spoilers xD) FIX message in the recording thread.

Normally this would be less of an issue overall because public releases are more frequent, but Beta 10 in particular has been in the wild for a very long time, so pretty much all the content issues have since been discovered and fixed, but not yet releases since everything is tied up with all the new stuff still coming together...

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 05:13:57 AM »

Oh, i see. Since it's a bug, can i use a backup? (since the run might end up beating one or both of my leaderboard scores, i feel like i should make sure.)
Also, what was the cause? I'd like to avoid repeating this.

Edit : I used a backup, but i still have the "bugged timeline" save stored just in case.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 10:22:45 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 11:50:09 PM »

There's nothing you can do to avoid it.

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 09:28:14 AM »

Um, what? That doesn't answer either question(?)
When i loaded the backup, the event did trigger(though i close to leaving by that point), so do you mean by that that this issue is random?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 09:00:52 PM »

Yes, it's random so there's nothing in particular you can do in your run to control it.