Grid Sage Forums

• May 10, 2024, 03:23:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [10.2] Research branch level generation put grunts behind walls  (Read 416 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
[10.2] Research branch level generation put grunts behind walls
« on: December 07, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »

Seed : ChipAntigravInterrupter

There are three grunts behind two walls near the shell armor prototype (At least it (the shell location) looked like it).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 10:10:39 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Research branch level generation put grunts behind walls
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 01:14:02 PM »

R-26... Why no screenshot xD

I mentioned this before: Please provide screenshots or additional info where relevant. Also you provided a seed but no version number. Seeds are different every version (and this also matters for future reference), so it helps to follow the bug reporting instructions. I did manage to find it, though it's very helpful to have this extra info.

Anyway, yeah that particular T/Q checkpoint prefab does sometimes act sorta weird, surprisingly in this case it managed to be placed without an opening to rest of the map, which was blocked. Very rare apparently, but good to have a test case for fixing this particular prefab (which is quite different from others).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Research branch level generation put grunts behind walls
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 03:44:09 PM »

Good seed, by the way, this was really perfect for being able to fix this. I've spent a couple hours so far and haven't quite finished, but having a case where all the right factors came into play (without interference from others, fortunately) has been quite helpful.

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
Re: [10.2] Research branch level generation put grunts behind walls
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 10:10:03 AM »

R-26... Why no screenshot xD

I mentioned this before: Please provide screenshots or additional info where relevant. Also you provided a seed but no version number. Seeds are different every version (and this also matters for future reference), so it helps to follow the bug reporting instructions. I did manage to find it, though it's very helpful to have this extra info.

Terribly sorry about that! I do try to follow the bug reporting instructions, but i usually do so from memory, which is clearly not the best, since it keeps failing me.
At the time i wasn't sure if it was a bug. When i did finally figure out that it had to be a bug and that the level exit was north, i focused on that last part, and i forgot to take a screenshot...
I think i'll make myself a checklist to report any other bugs i encounter and try to avoid making more such mistakes. (I can't guarantee anything about the screenshots since those can be spur-of-the-moment, sorry)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [10.2] Research branch level generation put grunts behind walls
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 03:44:01 PM »

No problem, sometimes all the info isn't there and we just work with what's available, I was just surprised since you were fairly specific about the location and description but there wasn't a screenshot. (The main helpful part in this case would be that I could quickly visually confirm it was a bug rather than pulling out the old version and loading up the seed and going to find it myself. Because yeah as you know a number of things reported as bugs might not be, so it's nice to have extra available info to confirm it before putting in the work to just check whether it is or not :P)