Grid Sage Forums

• May 09, 2024, 02:15:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Sensor array and exit visual bugs  (Read 350 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
Sensor array and exit visual bugs
« on: December 01, 2021, 11:06:02 AM »

-In the attached screenshot, the unseen tile of north marauder flickers when waiting for turns to pass. I'm guessing it's due to the sensor array info of the entire marauder being overwritten by the fact that i see it.

-When moving my mouse over an exit, i noticed a small black(?) rectangle appeared at the top left of the screen for a brief moment. I then noticed it happened every time, and on the next floor as well. And next run.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Sensor array and exit visual bugs
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 12:00:23 AM »

-In the attached screenshot, the unseen tile of north marauder flickers when waiting for turns to pass. I'm guessing it's due to the sensor array info of the entire marauder being overwritten by the fact that i see it.
Yeah that's a one-frame blip while it's updating the data. That'll remain as such.

-When moving my mouse over an exit, i noticed a small black(?) rectangle appeared at the top left of the screen for a brief moment. I then noticed it happened every time, and on the next floor as well. And next run.
That's an interesting one caused by the way an optional label (the offscreen version) will start to appear for a single frame before being either destroyed or moved and fully drawn. Nice catch, will hide it better.

(Note: In the Bugs board please put mutually unrelated issues in separate threads with descriptive titles. Not doing so can cause a number of issues, including categorization problems when I need to split them, or find a particular thread, or discuss separately etc.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 10:14:02 AM »

(Note: In the Bugs board please put mutually unrelated issues in separate threads with descriptive titles. Not doing so can cause a number of issues, including categorization problems when I need to split them, or find a particular thread, or discuss separately etc.)
Understood. I'd suggest editing the "how to report a bug" topic to be a bit more precise on that, as i (and others probably) interpreted "related issues" a bit too widely.
(for example the two reports in this thread were both for visual bugs, so i considered them related enough.)

Would separating the reports of this thread into two threads (or just deleting the scanner non-bug) now be a good idea, or is it too late?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 11:29:22 PM »

Well related means about the same issue, which might manifest in multiple ways, not just superficially similar issues. For example these two things are completely unrelated from a bug POV. Doesn't matter too much anymore since these are both accounted for and done (and also of little consequence), but sometimes discussion threads can go on for quite a while (or diverge in different ways) and it can become a bit problematic.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 09:48:35 AM »

Well related means about the same issue, which might manifest in multiple ways, not just superficially similar issues. For example these two things are completely unrelated from a bug POV.
I understand that now, but i originally misunderstood it, and if one person misunderstands something, there's a good chance some others will too*, which is why i suggested editing that post.

*Though it is probable the number of people that can misunderstand this is low, given my history of misinterpretation with this game. (For a quite a few runs i thought "slug cannon" and other things meant actual slugs and i was very confused.)