Grid Sage Forums

• May 09, 2024, 02:40:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Uninformational/misleading rewiring failure message and other confusing things  (Read 419 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

When trying to rewire a programmer with a datajack, a message pops up and says it's system is offline, but nothing about them being immune to hacking, which confused me for several runs. (This thread appears to show the reason why the messages with/without datajacks are different : https://www.gridsagegames.com/forums/index.php?topic=1346.0
The last post even says "it tells you when you can't rewire them".)

There's nothing telling you at any point that the LES causes corruption when fired? It took me a while to notice that.

On the forums(here) the search feature doesn't tell you anything about where it's searching. For example, searching a word while on this board won't search on any other boards, not even the child ones.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

When trying to rewire a programmer with a datajack, a message pops up and says it's system is offline, but nothing about them being immune to hacking, which confused me for several runs. (This thread appears to show the reason why the messages with/without datajacks are different : https://www.gridsagegames.com/forums/index.php?topic=1346.0
The last post even says "it tells you when you can't rewire them".)
Yeah I thought about this for a while and it's a bit of a dilemma caused by the fact that it's technically possible to hack a Programmer, and in this case the message given is reflecting the fact that if you're using a Datajack the first assumption is that you want to hack it, which you can't do while it's offline. Without a Datajack the only possible assumption is rewiring, and it defaults to that behavior.

It'll at least become somewhat less of an issue when natural occurrences of disabled Programmers are removed from future versions (which means the only way you might encounter one is via core disruption).

There's nothing telling you at any point that the LES causes corruption when fired? It took me a while to notice that.
Nope, you gotta notice that on your own. Not everything is explained about all unique parts, a number of which have side effects or additional hidden uses, unlike regular parts which have all of their details revealed.

On the forums(here) the search feature doesn't tell you anything about where it's searching. For example, searching a word while on this board won't search on any other boards, not even the child ones.
Use the top-level search feature, which allows you to select where you want to search specifically, or all boards (but you have to open the option to make any adjustments, as it is not shown by default, though all boards are selected by default).

Please put unrelated discussion topics in different threads--like the latter one is about how to use the forum, which would be a General & Off Topic sort of thing for the forum in general, so that other people can see that where it's relevant, rather than in the Bugs section specific to Cogmind.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

Please put unrelated discussion topics in different threads--like the latter one is about how to use the forum, which would be a General & Off Topic sort of thing for the forum in general, so that other people can see that where it's relevant, rather than in the Bugs section specific to Cogmind.
Sorry about that, i hadn't realised.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

No problem :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon