Grid Sage Forums

• May 12, 2024, 08:52:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Resistance display inconsistency  (Read 803 times)

Jiyva

• Derelict
    • View Profile
Resistance display inconsistency
« on: July 13, 2018, 03:35:40 PM »

Well, it may just be me. But the fact that the game displays only the robot's innate resistance while it does for Cogmind's "overall" resistance is a little bit annoying to me. It means I have to check robot's parts to discover any "hidden" resistance. That is not fun :(

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Resistance display inconsistency
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 04:16:48 PM »

Not sure what you mean. Robot info displays their complete resistance, the combined value of their innate resistance and any other active part effects they have. The number you see is the final number which is applied to any damage inflicted. There are no hidden values.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Jiyva

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »

Not sure what you mean. Robot info displays their complete resistance, the combined value of their innate resistance and any other active part effects they have. The number you see is the final number which is applied to any damage inflicted. There are no hidden values.

Well, I was seeing a Behemoth (4 'B's)robot with an incorrect resistance display. It had a part which grants it some resistance but the resistance section did not show it. Might be a bug. I will save the screenshot next time I encounter this issue :p

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 05:13:54 PM »

The resistance displays their actual current value (it's tallied as you open the window) so it will exclude it if they've lost the relevant part, or if it's inactive or disabled for some reason. Behemoths show all their proper resistances and always have for years, so I'm guessing there was probably some other factor at play you overlooked.

Oh actually, now that you've mentioned the Behemoth specifically I think I know what you're referring to. Recall that many bots also have negative innate resistances, but in the case of some of them they have other parts which simultaneously offset those negative resistances with an equal positive one via utilities! If you destroy those parts they suddenly are even weaker to that damage type than usual ;)

Jiyva

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:48:14 PM »

The resistance displays their actual current value (it's tallied as you open the window) so it will exclude it if they've lost the relevant part, or if it's inactive or disabled for some reason. Behemoths show all their proper resistances and always have for years, so I'm guessing there was probably some other factor at play you overlooked.

Oh actually, now that you've mentioned the Behemoth specifically I think I know what you're referring to. Recall that many bots also have negative innate resistances, but in the case of some of them they have other parts which simultaneously offset those negative resistances with an equal positive one via utilities! If you destroy those parts they suddenly are even weaker to that damage type than usual ;)

Ah ha! That explained a lot. Thanks man. You are the best :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »

Happy to be of help!

Behemoths are naturally somewhat weak against thermal, and all variants of a single robot class will always share the same base resistance, but some variants have specific parts that affect those resistances as well, and may zero it out :P