Grid Sage Forums

• May 13, 2024, 02:33:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Spoiler question  (Read 936 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Spoiler question
« on: May 06, 2018, 05:42:55 AM »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Spoiler question
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 06:56:23 AM »

In this case the reason you can't get it with a seed might be caused by seed divergence. As of Beta 1, I believe it was, something partially broke seeding such that runs may not always be identical, depending on random actions that might've been taken, but I'm not sure what or where. They are often repeatable, but not 100%. Too bad because for the first few years it worked perfectly xD

These things are really hard to track down in such a large game, and I asked for help in solving it last year but it's a rather big project and no one took up the request so I'll have to try to solve it myself one day, but this could take a very long time...

I say this because that encounter is completely random.

To help in this case I would need both your save one entering that map, and nuzcraft's... Then I might be able to find what's different, but even then it's quite tough. Sucks!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »

Thank you! Knowing it's completely random will at least save me the frustration of trying my remaining theories. I will just look forward to encountering it at some random time in the future. :)

The maps we got seemed to match so far as I can see from his videos but perhaps it's determined by one of the other RNGs and not the world seed?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 07:17:18 AM »

Yeah just visit when you can and it'll happen at some point. I got it the other day on my first ever real trip to that map.

And yeah the diversion wouldn't be something to do with the world--that should always be the same, it's something about the content that can end up modified somehow. Really too many possibilities to guess without a lot of data to go on though, and right now I have almost zero data xD
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon