Grid Sage Forums

• May 20, 2024, 04:21:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [10.2] A "Unique/NPC Destroyed" missing from scoresheet (spoiler)  (Read 948 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

In the "Uniques/NPCs Destroyed" section of the scoresheets, Main.C does not appear in this W7+ scoresheet, yet still appears in the "bonus" section. (but not in the "history" log)
(And also apparently still counts as "boss kill" for leaderboard purposes (#20 right now in the depth category), so i'm guessing that the leaderboards know that part from the "bonus" section.)

Looking at another scoresheet, it apparently can work fine.

Scoresheet :
https://cogmind-api.gridsagegames.com/scoresheets/fUfmnQaSc8mBJSSo8

In case that's relevant, i'm pretty sure the last hit on Main.C was done by the lone knight. (the game seemed to slow down a bit on the final hit for some reason.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:34:31 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [10.2] A "Unique/NPC Destroyed" missing from scoresheet (spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 04:12:18 PM »

Yeah this is normal, because the history log records events that happened, whereas Uniques/NPCs Destroyed records only player kills. (And the bonus section includes yet a different subset.) These are not equivalent.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 09:56:48 AM »

Yeah this is normal, because the history log records events that happened
But the history log does NOT state Main.C as destroyed, unlike other runs.

whereas Uniques/NPCs Destroyed records only player kills.
I think you mean player/player ally kills?

Also i now have no idea what counts as a "boss kill" for the depth leaderboards.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 04:21:01 PM »

whereas Uniques/NPCs Destroyed records only player kills.
I think you mean player/player ally kills?
Right sorry, replied too quickly there--it refers to player and ally kills (although Warlord and his faction don't technically count as allies in that sense, since they have their own leader/belong to the Warlord faction rather than your controlled and/or general ally faction).

That's why it won't be listed under the unique kills (the Warlord faction has no other effects for you, otherwise for example when they attack Research etc you'd get a ton of alert and also practically unlimited points).

Also i now have no idea what counts as a "boss kill" for the depth leaderboards.
It uses the Bonus list. If you get the bonus points that's where the + comes from. (This is also why players hunting specifically for +'s don't want Zhirov's help in Command! He "steals" your bonus points since he allows you to skip the kill.)

Yeah this is normal, because the history log records events that happened
But the history log does NOT state Main.C as destroyed, unlike other runs.
My bad! Again replied too quickly. The history log for NPC kills is based on the same rules as the NPC kill list, so it will only record player/ally kills. In that case it was Warlord's faction that did the actual kill. This area of the scoring and records runs into a number of logical dilemmas (or in some cases design dilemmas), so it's not 100% consistent.

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 08:56:49 AM »

It uses the Bonus list. If you get the bonus points that's where the + comes from.
Do you mean by this that the "boss kills" tie-breaker is based entirely on the number of +s? Or is it based on NPC kills that gave bonus points specifically for the kill, meaning that a certain NPC that you can meet at two different locations only counts as boss on the second?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 10:37:07 PM »

Boss kills is based on the +'s, yes. It's actually even derived directly from the scoresheet filename!