Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 12:35:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: SPOILER : The last mile  (Read 2494 times)

Gobbopathe

• Derelict
    • View Profile
SPOILER : The last mile
« on: July 05, 2018, 07:46:29 AM »

Once every 2 or 3 months, I start another game with pleasure, admiring the evolution of Kyzrathi's work. I tried another one today to check on achievements, and it is damned well implemented.
Since quite a long time now (at least a year) I manage to reach research quite systematically, and -1 quite often. But still no victory. This time I was a flying hacker with issues gathering matter for the 2 mini-nukes I preciously kept aside. I did not kill many villains.

MASSIVE ENDGAME SPOILER below

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any advice you could give in managing the famous last mile ?

Anyway I discovered another branch. Thought I was going to win, when... well, another branch  ::)

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER : The last mile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 10:06:02 AM »

Wow, what a final mile... :D

Edit: Actually, I didn't see you got a weapon in your hand, oops! So instead of ramming and hurting yourself, I suggest you fire away. ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:58:06 PM by DDarkray »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 05:34:41 PM »

Hey Gobbopathe! Still no win, eh? I would recommend trying to leave via Access first, because it's far easier than the place you headed ;)

That exit you discovered generally requires more preparation, and

But hey, if you can make it there you're already on the verge of getting your first win, just gotta try a few more times, and... next time don't take that branch until you're ready to dish out some pain :D
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Gobbopathe

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 03:23:36 AM »

Thanks guys, I think I guessed all the parameters right since your suggestions meet my first impressions in my post. Simply bad luck I bumped into
without knowing about it. That's part of the fun, and I am glad I managed to go this far and learned about this branch by experimenting.
Back to business then !

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 02:07:51 AM »

BTW if you are set on exited via that gauntlet, the best route is actually to break in from the side and bypass the guards. This may be easier/harder depending on the layout, but in the top screenshot it is on the easy side (just need a little bit of matter).