Grid Sage Forums

• May 13, 2024, 12:10:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 6]Funky exit tags at the bottom of the screen  (Read 624 times)

Palikka

• Unaware
    • View Profile
[Beta 6]Funky exit tags at the bottom of the screen
« on: May 20, 2018, 11:32:48 AM »

The first screenshot shows the normal exit tags.

On the second screenshot I've moved the camera up so the tag is at the bottom and now it shows FACTORY TORY

The third one is from other game with MATERIALS IALS at the bottom of the screen.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 6]Funky exit tags at the bottom of the screen
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 06:07:37 PM »

Yeah I've known about this since I first implemented exit tags years ago, and it's been on my list of things to look into, but it's hard to solve given the architecture (and not very important compared to all the other priorities :P) so I haven't done anything about it yet. It's due to labels for off-screen exits showing simultaneously with on-screen exits, even for the same exit which happens to be on the border.

I don't plan on doing anything about this in the near term since it's just an occasional cosmetic thing.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 6]Funky exit tags at the bottom of the screen
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 03:08:34 AM »

Well, someone else reported it too and I'd rather not have people repeatedly reporting known issues so I found a way to fix it--the architecture around that stuff is crazy so it ended up costing an hour for something tiny xD

Here's a before-and-after comparison:
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon