Grid Sage Forums

• May 02, 2024, 06:38:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Mechanical Detection/Location Drone Squad Online And Ready To Serve  (Read 3601 times)

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile

I'm sure some people have played enough to find a stockpile of Drone Bays.  I've done it a few times, but this is the first time I was able to take them straight to the next level and send them on their merry way :)

My squad about to depart Storage.

Straight into Factory.  I managed to get all of them within the the radius (I think it's 5 spaces).

Fly my Pretties!

They had all perished by the time I made it too the exit :(

Took a very long time to find it, but because of them I was able to avoid most of the Sentries, only encounter two sets of Hunters, and find the best positions from which to defend.

This was my load-out by the end of the level:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:15:27 AM by jimmijamjams »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Very impressive to see the tactics you guys are coming up with :D. I'm sure it's going to get crazier and crazier as I add more content...

I wonder what the bots in the Factory were thinking. WTF did all these drones come from?!?!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile

Very impressive to see the tactics you guys are coming up with :D. I'm sure it's going to get crazier and crazier as I add more content...

I think this was less a tactic and more a case of extremely lucky RNG :)

I now know the secrets to your map generation in the Factory! BWAHAHA!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

I think this was less a tactic and more a case of extremely lucky RNG :)

I now know the secrets to your map generation in the Factory! BWAHAHA!
Hear that, everyone? jimmi thinks he knows the secrets to my map generation in the Factory! Mwuahaha! Just when you thought you knew everything...

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile

Just tweak the generator every version to keep us on our toes ;)

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
    • View Profile

Hear that, everyone? jimmi thinks he knows the secrets to my map generation in the Factory! Mwuahaha! Just when you thought you knew everything...

Now I just have to get there on a regular basis...  This has not been the case lately...

Just tweak the generator every version to keep us on our toes ;)

^^ Yes please :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Aw... having trouble getting through Materials now?!

And don't worry, having seen a single map does not tell you much. Or if you make too many assumptions without more data you're probably going to screw yourself over... trust me on that ;)

That said, I do look forward to seeing if and when you guys manage to figure out any patterns...

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile

Re: Materials: I have a pet theory that I haven't been able to test that one can grab the four best parts they see and run through Materials with nothing but a naked core and still do decent in Factory. Like jimjam, I'm starting to hone an instinct on how the levels are shaped, and I'm pretty decent at finding the stairs. Materials is... REALLY small. Like, I didn't even know, but now I do, and it's really small. With Factory, my strategy is to just follow the main corridor as long as I can. At a certain distance, I can sense when the stairs should be nearby. 'Research' can still go fuck itself though lol.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Factory used to be about as hard as Research, but I toned it down because making you go through 4 floors of that just to even reach Research was kinda mean =p

I'll certainly stand by the decision to make Research a hellish maze ;D

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
    • View Profile

Re: Materials: I have a pet theory that I haven't been able to test that one can grab the four best parts they see and run through Materials with nothing but a naked core and still do decent in Factory. Like jimjam, I'm starting to hone an instinct on how the levels are shaped, and I'm pretty decent at finding the stairs. Materials is... REALLY small. Like, I didn't even know, but now I do, and it's really small. With Factory, my strategy is to just follow the main corridor as long as I can. At a certain distance, I can sense when the stairs should be nearby. 'Research' can still go fuck itself though lol.

On this run I've really felt the benefit of Improved Terrain Scanners (weird I know).  I can't remember the name of the item that augments the power of them, but with those two together I'm getting a feel for whether a room is worth going into.  Plus, that little nook where the a Sentry sits is a dead give away.  If it's in a spot where I can peek in and have a look without being detected I'll decide whether the items inside are worth the battle.

The Factory is crazy-small.  I would even say it's a little too small (or maybe stairs are too plentiful).  Even so, it's still giving a few players a hard time especially when just starting out.

You've hit the nail on the head about the Factory levels.  That's about the best way to make it through I've found. 

I haven't spent enough time in Research to get a handle on it at all, I'm not even sure if I can remember even completing a Research level (maybe once, no idea). 

I'm finding Storage the hardest to navigate at the moment and the concentration of enemies is really high.  Just have to cross my fingers and hope for some powerful prototype gear :)

endlessblaze

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
  • FIRE THE EM CANNONS!
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanical Detection/Location Drone Squad Online And Ready To Serve
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 07:14:19 PM »

I wonder what the bots in the Factory were thinking. WTF did all these drones come from?!?!

they could not have thought anything. there unaware.

though if I was reported to the AI......now he/she might think that.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Mechanical Detection/Location Drone Squad Online And Ready To Serve
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 09:49:29 PM »

they could not have thought anything. there unaware.

though if I was reported to the AI......now he/she might think that.
endlessblaze is catching on to the lore :)