Grid Sage Forums

• May 04, 2024, 02:36:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 13] Allies ignore trap knowledge too often  (Read 50 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
[Beta 13] Allies ignore trap knowledge too often
« on: April 19, 2024, 03:39:55 AM »

As visible in the screenshot, i had downloaded the garrison registry, which includes all trap locations. Despite this, an allied grunt still decided to step on a known Fusion Bomb Trap, just to get a better chance to attack a Watcher. As a result, i lost two allies and four potential allies. For a Watcher.

And it's not just this specific situation, either. In the last few Betas (starting from 10ยน), it's happened far too often that an Operator ally would hover around me and over know traps, or that when going through a 1-tile gap in Ambush Traps, a group of allies following me would not attempt to dodge them (that one only happened once in Beta 11, but still).

That a Behemoth would have trouble avoiding known traps, i can understand. That a group of allies would trigger a known Alarm Trap, i can understand, it's not the worst trap. That allies wouldn't attempt to go around traps when they would need to make a huge detour, i can also understand.
However, i can't understand allies not avoiding group-destroying traps.

The worst part is that sometimes, they do actually try and avoid traps. And i don't understand why only those times and not the others.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 13] Allies ignore trap knowledge too often
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 05:55:48 AM »

They will avoid traps during general movement, but if there's other stuff going on, in particular confrontations with enemies, they're no longer going to care--combat takes priority. This is intentional behavior.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon